We are excited to be having our second annual golf outing and ‘Neighbours’ Night’.
Not that we need an excuse, but it is a great opportunity to get together with our closest neighbours, finally meet those neighbours you wave to in the morning, welcome those that are new to the area and perhaps welcome back some that have moved on.
We have moved the venue this year to Castleknock Golf Club which is a beautiful venue for the golf and has an excellent reputation for the food in its Vue restaurant. Guests are very welcome so feel free to reach out to those that might enjoy the day.
For the golfers (the serious ones and the social ones):
· 18 hole scramble with tee times from 1.30pm to 3.10pm
· If you have time preferences or partner preferences let us know
- Cost for the golf and three course meal is expected to be around €45 – €50 per person
For all – starting at 8.00PM:
- Three course meal – choice of main course, dessert and tea / coffee
- Music and the occasional spot prize
- Cost is expected to be in the region of €15 – €20 per person
What we need from you:
- Don’t wait for some one else – be the one on your road to suggest to your neighbours that you go as a group on the night.
- Getting an early idea on numbers for the golf and the food will help us to plan and finalize the costs with the venue. Please let us know as soon as you can (you can always cancel later).
- If you are joining for golf – who will play, home club and handicap (if you have one) and include guests if applicable.
- If you are joining for the meal
- No money required up front – we will take money from folks on the day
- The intent is to run this as a break even on the night – it is not a fundraiser and we will not be dipping into the neighbourhood watch funds. If we are left with additional funds on the night we may donate to a local charity.
- There are generally plenty of taxis available so let’s also plan to get everyone home safely.
- Enjoy – the day is meant to be informal and social for all the neighbours.
- Although it is not the focus of the event, we had some very generous sponsors for golf and spot prizes last year.
- If any business is interested in contributing something this year please contact one of the street coordinators or Cathal O’Reilly, Noel O’Reilly or Michael Matson who have been drafted in to support the event.
You should get a mail / text / note with the details and the date or drop me a note if you need a reminder.
Thanks to the social team for helping put this together and thank you all for your continued support.