We will be holding the meeting in the newly refurbished Castleknock Tennis Club so there is a good opportunity to explore the new facilities and to socialise with some neighbours after the meeting.
The Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
– Review of 2018 AGM minutes
– Treasurer and Area Coordinator’s Reports
– Brief presentation from Evelyn Pender – Castleknock Tidy Towns
– Discussion / Q&A on Home Security Alarms and CCTV – Joe Moonan, B-at-ease Security
– Community policing Q&A – If possible – subject to operational availability on the night.
– Appointment of Officers and Street Coordinators
– Any other business
We have discussed for some time about getting an expert to address the group on the subject of Alarms and CCTV. There are many questions including wired vs wireless, monitoring options, upgrade options for existing alarms, CCTV considerations, apps to view homes and many more. It is difficult to find a speaker who is not also a provider but Joe has agreed to provide us a fact based view of some of the options based on his knowledge of the industry and to keep any promotion to a minimum. We will hold him to that on the night.
We are blessed to have a great team of volunteers that support us in the Neighbourhood Watch, many of whom have been involved for multiple years. Much as we want to hold on to this team, if you would be open to volunteering, let us know as it may allow some people the option to rotate off and share the load. It does not take a large amount of time and it is a very rewarding engagement with your neighbours.
If you have additional items that you would like to have raised at the AGM please let me know.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the night.